With Easter fast approaching, you may be tempted to share some sweet treats with your beloved fur baby - DONT!

Chocolate is especially bad for your pets. Chocolate contains cocoa, and cocoa contains the compound theobromine. Theobromine is toxic to dogs and other pets in certain doses. Chocolate poisoning is a problem that occurs mainly in dogs but also occurs occasionally in cats or other animals. 

The symptoms of theobromine ingestion may include restlessness, excitement, hyperactivity, nervousness, trembling, vomiting, diarrhoea, increased drinking and increased urination, increased heart rate, muscle tremors, seizures and possibly death.

If your dog or pet has ingested chocolate (even a small amount) you should contact Baybreeze Family Vet Clinic on (07) 3103 8432, or Animal Emergency Services immediately.